For more
information, call
The First State
Bank at
or email:


HSA Contributions

You, your employer, your family members, and anyone else (non-individuals included) may contribute to your HSA whether you are self-employed or unemployed.

Generally, the lesser of 100 percent of the annual deductible under the HDHP or a specified amount is the maximum annual contribution amount.

A “catch up” contribution is also available for eligible individuals who have reached age 55 or older by the end of their taxable year, and who have not enrolled in Medicare. The chart below shows the contribution limits:

Contribution Limits
Tax Year
Standard Limit
Additional Catch-Up
Self Only
Contribution Amount
2018 & later
*Subject to annual-cost-of-living adjustments

The deadline for regular and catch-up HSA contributions corresponds with the federal income tax return due date (excluding extensions for the taxable year). April 15 is the due date for most taxpayers.

© 2008 - The First State Bank - All Rights Reserved - house Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC.